Low back pain syndrome involves lumbar vertebrae. It can be acute, sub acute or chronic. An acute lower back injury may be caused by a traumatic event, like a car accident or a fall. Chronic lower back pain has a more insidious onset, occurring over a long period of time. Flamingo Lumbar Corset Belt gives you a great relief.
- Primarily used to provide low back muscular support.
- Corset may also act as a reminder to avoid excessive low back motion and may help encourage proper body mechanics, such as good posture.
- Our patients are often concerned that excessive use of such a corset might weaken the lumbar muscles.
- The lumbar corset is also used after most lumbar spinal surgeries to provide additional low back support, thus preventing muscles from rapidly fatiguing during recovery.
The brace can help support the spine until muscle strength can do the job
- The brace also offers that gentle reminder that activities and motion must be limited for healing to occur.
The purpose of the brace is not for complete immobilization
Do you need to wear the brace constantly?
- If you use the brace constantly, it may likely weaken the lumbar musculature. For this reason, the specialists do not recommend continuous, daily use of a lumbar corset.
- The brace should be employed when you are involved in activities that place your back at risk. When this at risk activity is finished, the brace should be removed.