Medical Devices and Monitors
In the medical field, Monitoring the condition, Disease or several medical parameters of the patient is the utmost priority. Reliable and genuine monitors are very important during the period of critical care. The most basic monitors should show up your blood pressure, Heart rate, and the body temperature of the patient. The more advanced models of the monitors could also show how much oxygen is your blood carrying or also, How fast your breathing is.
What are known to be Medical Devices?
A medical device could be labeled as an appliance, Instrument, Apparatus, Machine, etc. Intended by the manufacturer/maker to be used alone or all together for medical purposes.
What is the other name of the Patient Monitor?
The common name of the patient monitor has been electronic vital sign monitors for more than the last 40 years.
What is considered to be the main objective of Patient Monitor?
The ultimate aim of a patient monitor would be to give warnings and dangerous deteriorations in advance / early hand.
Where are the Patient Monitors used?
These monitors are generally used by hospitals and in ICU ( Intensive Care Unit ), CCU ( Critical Care Unit ), Anesthesia operating rooms, and clinical departments.
Some of the very important things to keep in mind while performing a monitoring of the patient :
- The normal resting pulse rate ( PR ) of a patient should be between 60 - 100 beats per minute.
- The normal body temperature ( TEMP ) for an adult, Ranges between 36.6 - 37.2 degree Celsius ( 97.8 – 99 degrees Fahrenheit ). Anything lower than 37 degree Celsius would be considered a fever and, Anything below 35 degrees Celsius would be considered hypothermia.
- The normal blood oxygen level ( SpO2 ) should be between 95 and 100.
- The normal respiration rate (RR) of an adult at rest should be 12 - 16 breaths per minute.
- The normal systolic blood pressure ( SYST ) should be between 90 - 120 mm Hg
- The normal diastolic blood pressure ( DIAS ) should be between 60 – 80 mm Hg.
- ECG waveform: An electrocardiogram ( ECG ) is there to record the electrical activities of the heart.
- SpO2 waveform: It is there to monitor the patient’s blood flow.
- Respiration waveform: The respiration waveform shows how well the patient is actually breathing.
What are the components of the Medical Monitor?
- Sensors: Mechanical and biosensors are included in a monitor.
- Translating Component: The translating component is generally responsible for simply converting the signals received from the monitor to a format that can further be shown on the display device.
- Display Device: The readings/analysis of the patient is then displayed continuously and simultaneously on a LED, LCD, or CRT screen. It also has automated readouts of the peak as well as the average parameters displayed on the screen.
Digital signal processing ( DSP ) is very commonly used in modern medical displays which have the advantages of portability, Miniaturization, and multi-parameter displays that can track many essential signs at once.
- Communication Links:The various models of multi-parameters are generally networkable. This means, The monitors can send the result to a central ICU monitoring station, Where a single member can observe as well as, Respond to many of the bedside monitors sides by side.
- Other Components:A medical monitor could also be beneficial in making an alarm in order to make aware the staff of some set criteria.
- Mobile Appliances: These monitors can deliver the information that has been gathered in body area networking ( BAN ).
What are the types of Medical Monitors?
The types of medical monitors are as follows:
- Electro Cardiograph device ( ECG )
- Pulse oximeter
- Continuous glucose monitoring device
- Patient Monitor
- Pulse watches
- Blood pressure monitors
What all are the types of Patient Monitoring systems ?
There are two ( 2 ) main types of monitoring systems :
Bedside Patient Monitoring System
A hospital patient monitoring system is also known to be a bedside patient monitoring system. These kinds of monitoring systems are generally used in hospitals in order to monitor patients in the emergency department as well as, In the intensive care setting. These systems are just required for patients in trauma but also for patients with long-term monitoring for further vital signs to prevent any complications and to ensure a full recovery.
Bedside Patient Monitoring System
Remote Patient Monitoring System
Home patient monitoring system is also known as remote patient monitoring system. It easily helps / enable the healthcare providers to look after the health of the patient outside the hospital. This system mainly helps in tracking the real time changes in the patient’s health analysis and accordingly use it planning the treatment.
Remote Patient Monitoring System
What are the advantages of a Remote Patient Monitoring System?
There are various advantages of the remote patient monitoring system, Some of them are as follows:Improves the data which is driven by clinical decision makingHelps the patient in improving care plan and self-managementCan boost net patient revenueImprove the access to careIt can reduce the cost of care for providers and payersCan prevent the spread of hospital-acquired risks as well as, Infectious diseases It can improve work productivity and reduces the patient’s expensesBuild a patient engagement Enhances the efficiency of clinical staff and combats the shortage of clinical staffImprove the relationship between a clinician and a patient, etc.
What are the disadvantages of Remote Patient Monitoring System ?
There are various disadvantages of the remote patient monitoring system, Some of them are as follows:Remote patient monitory often requires new practice softwareIt is reducing readmission rates Improper use can lead in effecting the data reliabilityThere are connectivity and accessibility issues with patientsIt could end up being too expensive for patients to set up, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should Remote Patient Monitoring be put in use ?
Twelve ( 12 ) hours is the least to get vital signs monitored during a single day in a hospital.
What is a patient monitor ?
It is a device that is medically used in order to measure, record and display many patient’s perimeter.
What does a patient monitor do ?
It normally measures, records and displays the many parameters such as heart rhythm and rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, temperature and SPO2.
What normally are 5 parameters of patient monitors ?
Temperature, SpO2, ECG, NIPB and respiration.
Where are patient monitors are normally used ?
It is normally used in an operating room.
What are patient monitors are also known as?
They are sometimes known to be ECG Monitors, Anesthesia Monitors, Vital Sign Monitors and EKG Monitors.
How to generally check the patient monitors ?
Body temperature, blood pressure and read the numbers on the right part of the monitor screen to know the patient’s pulse rate patient parameters.
What is considered to be the normal range for patient monitoring system?
The first number should be between 100 and 130, and the second reading should be between 60 and 80.
How do nurses monitor patients ?
The five vital signs are checked essentially. Pulse, respiratory rate, temperature, oxygen saturation and blood pressure
What are the 3 types of monitors ?
LED ( Light Emitting Diodes ), CRT ( Cathode Ray Tube ) and LCD ( Liquid Crystal Display ).
What are consider to be four P’s of patient monitoring ?
Personalized, predictive, participative and preventive.
Answered by: MeddeyGo, February 1, 2021
|Name ||Price |
|Accu Chek Active Glucometer Machine with 10 Strips Free ||939 |
|Accu Chek Instant S Glucometer Machine with 10 Test Strip Free ||679 |
|Beurer FT 85 Clinical Non Contact Thermometer ||1851 |
|Digital Thermometer Fixed Tip ||137 |
|Plain Digital Thermometer ||132 |
|Stature Meter for Measuring Your Height ||491 |
|Digital Thermometer ||140 |
|Dr Morpen Fingertip Pulseoximeter ||974 |
|Vcomin Fetal Doppler 200D ||3299 |
|Vcomin Fetal Doppler 300C ||5799 |
|Vcomin Fetal Doppler 300D ||4999 |
|Thermometer Oval Premium Quality ||199 |
|Height Measuring Scale Stadiometer ||1499 |
|Height Measuring Scale with Digital Weighing Scale ||3699 |
|Beurer GS10 Bathroom Weight Machine with 5 Years Warranty Grey Color ||1491 |
|3 Para Bed Side Patient Monitor ||12800 |
|Height cum Weight Measure Stand with Mechanical Scale ||2999 |
|5 Para Bed Side Monitor from Contec ||33999 |
|5 Para Monitor SpO2 HR NIBP ECG RESP 2 Temp ||21999 |
|12 Channel ECG Machine with High Quality Waveforms ||49999 |
|3 Channel ECG Machine with High Quality Waveforms ||21500 |
|6 Channel ECG Machine with High Quality Waveforms ||29999 |
|Fetal Monitor with CTG Flight 800 ||44999 |
|5 Para Bed Side Monitor with 2 Years Warranty ||33998 |
|Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor - ABPM 50 ||21999 |
|Beurer Pulse Oximeter PO-30 ||1833 |
|Electroencephalogram 16 Channel EEG Machine - KT88 ||98996 |
|Electroencephalogram 24 Channel EEG Machine - KT88 2400 ||130008 |
|Portable ECG Monitor ||11999 |
|Portable ECG Workstation ||74997 |