Top Glucometers Machine in India
Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of mortality in the general populace. Out of its many manifestations, diabetes is possibly the most notorious of them all. While the onset and establishment of diabetes are insidious, thanks to modern technology, its metrics can be checked at an early stage.This is where glucometer come into play.
Glucometers have revolutionised diabetes management, as blood glucose monitoring can now be done at home, with simple finger-prick blood samples. Gone are the days that needed bulk blood samples drawn from your arm, every other day, using big painful syringes, and tests that take over a day and aren’t always accurate. Glucometer these days require very small amounts of blood and deliver accurate results in a matter of a few seconds, as if some sort of sorcery.
As revolutionary as they are, they’re simultaneously very simple to use. The patient pricks his finger and applies the drop of blood to a test strip inserted into a meter, to receive a numerical reading of his blood glucose. What’s a better deal to champion your fear of needles than a little accurate screen and a lancet in the bag?
Confused which Glucometer Machine to buy?
However, with great benefit comes great confusion. Confusion as to what kind of glucometer is good for you, now that several companies make several kinds of glucometers, each better than the other in one of its features at least. However, we believe glucometer need to be chosen personally, as each feature is in tune with what patients might need in person. Therefore, we felt we discuss what makes glucometers great and these include:
- Display time
- Amount of blood needed
- Ability to set alarms
- Ability to store results for future reference
- Ease of use
- Screen size
- Kind of blood used
- Value for money
Thus, by analysing the above features and more of what makes a good meter, we bring to you, our rank of India’s 8 best glucometer machine:
Managing diabetes can be a challenging affair. Not only does it require constant monitoring for mitigation, but also demands you to maintain a controlled lifestyle accordingly. Fear not, for you have stumbled upon one of the most value for money offerings when it comes to the glucometer market in the country.
The Accu Chek Active Glucometer Machine is one of the most capable machines for its size. Not only does it provide rather accurate results in no time, but does so in a compact structure. Saving you enough time that would otherwise be spent in unnecessary visits to the clinic, the Accu Chek Active Machine comes loaded with features, as mentioned.
- Two Button Operation: More buttons and unnecessary features can oftentimes be confusing, considering that glucometers are aimed at older audiences. For this, the Machine comes in an easy-to-use configuration. With only two buttons to use, operating this is hassle-free.
- Quick Results: There is nothing more satisfying than being able to get your results in seconds. Glucometer Machine comes with an efficient algorithm that provides you results in just about five seconds. Getting information about your blood glucose levels has never been quicker.
- Great Memory: While you may forget what your reading was a couple of weeks ago, the Machine will not. Coming with a capacity to store 500 memories, this glucometer is truly one of a kind.
Q1. Does it have a display?
A1. Yes, the Accu Chek Active Glucometer Machine comes with a large display for easy reading of data.
Q2. Does it come with extra strips?
A2. As the name suggests, the Accu Chek Active Glucometer Machine with 10 Strips Free comes with 10 strips for the users’ convenience. Additionally, it comes with sterile lancelets for painless extraction of blood.
Q3. How much blood is required?
A3. The Accu Chek Active Glucometer Machine takes about 1-2 microlitres of blood to measure the users’ blood glucose levels.
If buttons are not your thing, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer is your alternative to the aforementioned glucometer. With no coding involved, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer with 10 Test Strips Free is possibly the simplest device of the lot. On a similar note, do not be misled by its simplicity, for it is just as effective as its counterparts.
- Simplicity at its Finest: As stated above, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer does not come with buttons, thereby making usage all the more hassle-free. All you need is a said amount of samples to show you accurate results.
- Display: The LCD panel on the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer increases legibility by a lot. In other words, you should have no issues while reading your blood glucose levels, for the display is greatly integrated.
- Unique Technology: Coming with a unique colour sure technology and audio signals, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer is bound to provide you accurate results in no time. This is one of the most efficient glucometers in the market, so you should not have issues. The sound technology can provide alarms when it detects your blood glucose level to be too high or too low.
- Additional Strips: Every user prefers additional strips. The One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer comes with 10 additional strips that should increase the number of results you can ascertain before you go for a refill of sorts.
Q1. How much blood does it require?
A1. The said glucometer requires about 0.5 microlitres of blood and gives readings within 5 seconds.
Q2. Does it come with additional strips?
A2. Yes, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer comes with 10 strips.
Q3. Does it come with configurable buttons?
A3. No, the One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer has a fully functional display with no buttons. Navigation is done using icons.
Possibly one of the only glucometers in the list that has focussed a lot of R&D into ergonomics, the Dr Morepen BG03 Glucometer Machine with 50 Test Strips Free is a value for money proposition that has umpteen number of features in its set, along with an extra couple of benefits, as mentioned below.
- Ergonomics: As stated before, the Dr Morepen BG03 Glucometer Machine has been designed in such a way that it fits in your hand rather comfortably. While this might not sound like a lot to the average consumer, it does imply that the company has not left out the intricate aspects of user experience.
- Biosensors: Machine is equipped with future proof technology that is bound to provide very accurate results. This along with the idea that only 0.5 microlitres of capillary blood is required, proves to be a boon for the user. Accuracy with no compromise seems like a great combination.
- Beepers: The Dr Morepen Machine comes with sound technology that can provide alarms when it detects that you have abnormal blood glucose levels. This comes in handy, as a good number of people are not able to keep track of abnormal glucose levels and need constant reminding.
Q1. How many samples can it store?
A1. It can store up to 300 results.
Q2. What is the range of blood glucose levels that it can detect?
A2. The Dr Morepen BG03 Glucose Monitor can detect blood glucose levels in an impeccable range of 20 mg/dL up to 600 mg/dL.
Q3. How to navigate across this glucometer?
A3. Product comes with buttons for easier usage and navigation.
The AccuSure Glucometer Machine is one of the most sold products in the country, and for all the right reasons. After all, who does not appreciate the value of a fully-functional and complete product?
This product has tons of features at an affordable price, the specifics of which are mentioned below.
- Quick Response: In this day and age of urgency, this product does shine with its efficient algorithm. After all, it provides results in about 8 seconds or so, which is immaculate for a product of this range and calibre.
- Flexibility: The AccuSure Glucose Monitor Machine can measure blood glucose levels from all sources—arterial, venous, as well as capillary. Additionally, it will also provide you readings of neonatal blood glucose levels.
- Download Compatibility: The AccuSure Machine comes with storage and downloading capabilities. You can store up to 450 readings and use them later on for reference values. Additionally, it has download compatibility options which come in pretty handy.
Q1. Does it come with any warranty?
A1. Yes, the product comes with a lifetime warranty.
Q2. Does it have extra strips?
A2. Machine comes with 50 test strips for longer usability.
Q3. Does it have a display?
A3. The AccuSure Glucose Monitor comes with a legible display for surety when it comes to accurate readings.
To be one of the most recommended products requires it to be not just conducive to use and intuitive to operate, but also affordable and easily available. The Ashton UK Glucometer Machine strikes the right balance of everything, in addition to being feature-loaded.
This is why it is one of the most popular and widely recommended products in this category. It has tons of features, some of them are mentioned below.
- Alternative Site Testing: Product can be used across multiple body sites. This is especially helpful for folks who, for whatever reason, do not have their fingertips for blood extraction; or are afraid of doing so, or any other reason. The Ashton UK Glucometer Machine gives you options.
- Ketone Warning: Diabetic ketoacidosis is the most fatal ramification of type I diabetes, and therefore needs to be avoided. Machine has an alarm system that warns you of possible ketoacidosis. This becomes particularly helpful as one can avoid deadly and emergency conditions that insulin-dependent diabetes brings with it.
- Portable: Coming at just a shade over 26 grams, it is practically a non-existent entity in your bag. This becomes particularly useful if you are a diabetic and are always on the move, or travelling.
Q1. Does this have multiple value measuring capabilities?
A1. Product comes with both pre- and post-prandial data measuring capabilities.
Q2. Can it store multiple values?
A2. The Ashton UK Glucose Monitor stores up to 150 values, and will not cause memory issues.
Q3. Is there any coding required from the user?
A3. No, Machine is simple to use and does not require coding.
If you are one of those who look for great battery technology in your devices, you fall in the sensible demographic, and for all the right reasons. In case of glucometers, the Glucose Monitor Black GDH-FAD from Dr Odin should be your go-to option, if you are one of the said consumers. The Glucometer Black GDH-FAD from Dr Odin comes with the following features.
- Battery Life: Product comes with impeccable battery life, of over 500 tests. This is particularly useful if you are one of those who prefer travelling a lot. It is rather incredible to see such battery life in a device so compact and portable.
- Accuracy: Coming with its own sense of accuracy, the Glucose Monitor Black GDH-FAD from Dr Odin is one of the most accurate devices on the market, irrespective of the price bracket it might fall into. There are not many devices as accurate as this one, and hence is a must-use.
- No Manual Coding: Some glucometers require coding and calibration, but not in the case of the this machine This is simple to use and does not require any manual coding of sorts.
Q1. Does this product have a warranty?
A1. The Glucometer Black GDH-FAD from Dr Odin comes with a warranty of 5 years.
Q2. Is this device portable?
A2. The Machine comes with a box, and the overall package is pocket-friendly. This also comes with 25 strips.
Q3. Can it be used by folks who are not tech-savvy?
A3. Black GDH-FAD from Dr Odin comes with a large display that is easy to read. This is one of the simplest devices to use in this list, and can be used by anyone in any demographic.
Premium devices are usually ones for the esoteric masses. Products that are termed ‘flagships’ are generally top-notch and feature-loaded, but come at a premium. When such premium products start coming at affordable prices, they tend to sell like hotcakes. This is what the AccuSure Glucose Monitor resembles. With its following feature-set, it is surely one of the most sought-after products in its category.
- Multi-Use: Product comes with capabilities to measure not just neonatal blood glucose levels, but also arterial, venous, and capillary blood measuring capabilities. It is one of the more special products, especially considering the price it comes at.
- Easy to Read: With one of the largest displays in the market, the AccuSure Glucose Meter is easily a display delight. It can be used by any section of the demographic to record and comprehend its readings, owing to its legibility and display quality.
- Quick Response Time: The AccuSure Glucometer does not beat around the bush. It comes with immaculate time-saving capabilities owing to how quickly it can provide results, and with incomparable precision.
Q1. Does it have extra strips?
A1. Product comes with additional 25 strips, providing more value to its already value for money proposition.
Q2. Is it easy to use?
A2. Machine comes with a large and great quality display along with buttons for navigation. It is easy to use and can be used by everyone, irrespective of technical knowhow.
Q3. Is it an Indian brand? A3. The AccuSure Glucose Mete is a Taiwanese brand, but it is definitely top notch with respect to build quality and usability
Possibly the most technically sound glucometer of the lot, the New Accu-Chek Instant Glucose Mete Machine comes with Bluetooth capabilities too. It also has the following unique attributes.
- mySugr: Coming equipped with its own app, the New Accu-Chek Instant Glucometer Machine is by far one of the most advanced offerings if you are looking for something like this. The app not only has its own set of advantages, but also has features like alarms and notifications if any abnormality is detected.
- Legibility: The New Accu-Chek Instant Glucose Meter comes with a brilliant display that can be read from all possible angles. It is big and bright, and has great visibility, especially if you have near-vision issues.
- Ergonomics: The New Accu-Chek Instant Glucometer Machine is ergonomically viable and can be kept in small spaces, including bags or appropriate pockets. This is one of the more compact products around.
Q1. How does it connect to the phone or mobile device?
A1. The New Accu-Chek Instant Machine will connect to your phone using the mySugr app, and you can toggle further and set data limits and so on.
Q2. Can it be carried around?
A2. Owing to its ergonomically sound design, the New Accu-Chek Instant Glucometer Machine is easily one of the more portable devices around. It can be carried anywhere.
Q3. Does it come with test strips?
A3. Yes, the New Accu-Chek Instant Glucometer Machine comes with additional 10 strips for more effective use.
The said products are the best glucometers you can get for the best possible price offerings. Irrespective of which product you end up with, you are bound to be satisfied. After all, all the said products have their own sets of quirks that are bound to leave you content.