About the Physiotherapy Products
Every time we workout, the purpose is to get worn out and cause stress to our body so that it is used to taking up stress and is always in peak condition. In this process, we sometimes hurt ourselves or push the body to its limit to the point where the pain is rather significant. In such cases, we need to take special measures for taking care of our bodies. Pain can have other sources as well, joint pains in elderly people, hormonal disorder or professional hazards can also cause pain.
There are several ways to do tackle pain. One of them is physiotherapy. It is the process of using techniques like joint mobilisation, kinesiology, exercise prescription, etc. to reduce pain in the body. It is one of the oldest forms of treatment- even when there were no medicines. Things have changed drastically now and now you can buy electronic devices that let you perform these activities sitting at home.. Here, we take a look at some of the equipment that can help us with pain management at home.
There are so many products out there to purchase. We shall look at some physiotherapy machines that help you to control pain. Some tools use electric therapy, some use heat therapy and some just try to improve the body’s defense mechanism, through proper movement of blood and fluids. There are dedicated exercises or routines that one has to follow for specific pain points. There are proper, medically authorised usage manuals for all these products that clearly indicate the correct way to measure them.
The modern human being is not afraid to take charge or experiment. Many people take different machines at home, that are easy to use and prescribed online. However, it must be noted that, proper medical discretion is necessary for the usage of this.
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a way of using nervous movement through external simulation and creating a healing effect on the muscles. It contributes to muscular development and is very favorable for younger or middle-aged people. This device comes with 4 electrodes and a gel bottle.
- It improves endurance of the muscle because nervous stimulation is useful for bodily growth and has a lasting impression on a person’s system.
- It increases protein synthesis in your body and speeds up the healing of tissues.
- Increases blood flow to muscles that are sore or in pain. It also improves microcirculation.
- In spite of having such a profound effect on many of the bodily functions, it is a completely non-invasive and a low-risk pain management solution.
- Builds muscle size and density through enhanced blood and nutrient circulation
This can even be used for strength training, body-building and improving mobility. It relieves the subject of pain and creates a lasting positive effect on the person’s bodily functions. If you have pain that is related to old age and problems like arthritis, then you should consider some of the other items on this list.
This device is more suited for people suffering chronic pains like arthritis of different joints like knees, shoulders, hips etc. It is not used for quick fixes and is adjustable for different purposes. The device is a much smaller one with varying degrees of intensity.
- It has five different massage modes: shoulder, lower back, arm, leg and foot.
- It has ten different levels of intensity that contributes to the adjustability even more.
- Eliminates the need for drugs and painkillers.
However, one should consult a physician or physiotherapist before using the device as the wrong combination of options could lead to major bodily discomfort. It is advisable to start with a lower intensity and then slowly move up to higher ones. It is a very cheap option that can be used to deal with many problems and it lasts quite long as well.
This device uses TENS and Electronic Muscle Stimulation(EMS) at the same time. This is used for stimulating the muscle along with proper pain management. TENs is used to block out the pain by stimulating the nerve roots.
- Dual functionality of both TENS and EMS is a boon for people who have to go through a lot of pain and yet perform the exercises. For older people or people with low tolerance for pain, it is very useful. It makes the process easier for both therapist and patient.
- It promotes protein synthesis and enhances microcirculation and helps in quicker healing of tissues.
- It is durable and can be used for a long time by different people in different instances.
- It can cure chronic pains as well.
- This is a very compact and lightweight device that can be easily set up at home. By following the instructions of a trained physiotherapist, this can be a very useful at-home solution to dealing with pain
The muscle stimulator can even help with poor blood circulation and prevention of clotting of blood in the veins itself. It also makes injured areas free and reduces restrictions over motion. It can even help women with labor pain. It can work on a frequency of 2-250 Hz and operates on your standard 220V supply. It is normally used for a steady long term solution and not quick relief to pain.
This is a combination of TENS and Ultrasonic machine which has an even wider range of solutions to different body ache problems. It provides the heat therapy of ultrasonic device as well as a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation method. It makes the body block put the pain through cerebral lobes.
- It is used for both electrotherapy and heat therapy. It can be used for two patients simultaneously as well. Hence it is capable of both multi-tasking and multi-purpose usage. It can be used to block out the pain and work on improving the muscles which can lead to more intense exercise and faster development.
- Blocking the pain makes the physiotherapy sessions much smoother. This contributes to pain management directly during the physiotherapy.
- Sounds too complex? It is very easy to use once you have the device. It’s very compact and has an LED display.
- It is compact, portable and easy to set up- which makes it very easy to use this at home.
It is a very useful device that serves the purpose through 2 different technologies. One should always start from zero intensity and slowly increase it as per the instruction of a medical professional. It needs to be complemented by manual manipulation programs, diet maintenance or physical exercises or a combination of these.
This is an Influential Therapy unit. It uses small flows of electric charge to reduce pain and swelling of specific tissues. It is useful in post surgery rehabilitation, for dealing with major trauma like concussions and even chronic pains.
- It has no less than 125 different applications. That is probably enough to tell you about the range of problems that this device can be used to deal with. It has a wonderful user interface that has clear instructions about how to go about using it.
- It has no analog knob systems which makes the adjustment of different parameters like frequency and voltage quite simple.
- A four fold mechanism that creates increased flow of blood and a significant amount of muscle stimulation. This reduces pain and swelling and makes the body create more toxins and relieve the pain.
It is imperative that a person reads the instructions before using this as there are many options for this combination of devices. It is useful for both short term as well as long term pain. It is very useful for older people as it can be adjusted to their needs and has very mild electric outputs that are not at all harmful. There is a big LED display for the convenience of the user and making sure that the operation is smooth.
Physiotherapy machines for home are quite handy and value for money. To add to that, there is the inherent comfort of doing the exercises from home. Especially for people with chronic pains or injuries, travelling to a from the clinic is a rather strenuous issue. Having the right doctor prescribed tool at home is, therefore, a very nice idea. There are many other things involved in making these decisions. Your choice of physician, the medicines you are on, the kind of injury, medical history- all these things need to be considered. For this, it is necessary to consult your doctor. The decision to buy a device like this should not be one based on a sale or what is a better offer. These are all value for money deals but what you need is best known by your doctor.