Meddey celebrated World Physical Therapy Day on 8th September by participation at various events held across Delhi / NCR like Batra Hospital & Research Centre, The Indian Association of Physiotherapist – Noida chapter.
The day is an opportunity for physical therapists from all over the world to raise awareness about the crucial contribution the profession makes to keeping people well, mobile and independent.
Physiotherapists work in partnership with individuals of all ages to break down the barriers to physical function whether that means working with patient’s pre and post surgery, helping people come back from illness and chronic disease, injury, industrial and motor vehicle accidents and age related conditions.
Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
Good physiotherapists have the following skills and personality traits:
- Initiative, patience, sensitivity and tact.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to be encouraging, empathetic and firm.
We, At Meddey, Salute All Physiotherapists for their passion and dedication towards the betterment of society. Physiotherapist is one with extensive clinical experience and an obvious passion for the profession who help people stay active and hence, are more likely to keep working, engaging in society and enjoying life. Physical therapists have a vital role in helping them do so at every stage of life.
The key messages to underscore this importance of therapy are:
- If you want to keep healthy, keep moving – all through your life.
- People who stay active are more likely to keep working, engaging with and enjoying life without having to depend on others. They are fit for life.
- Inactivity contributes to disability and can directly lead to millions of deaths around the world every year. It can contribute to morbidities such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer.
- You’re never too young or too old to stay active and just half an hour of moderate exercise (like walking fast) every day can make a real difference.
Still wondering what makes physical therapy so important? Here are 10 ways it may benefit you:
- Reduce or eliminate pain.
- Avoid Surgery.
- Improve mobility.
- Recover from a stroke
- Recover from or prevent a sports injury.
- Improve your balance and prevent falls.
- Manage diabetes and vascular condition
- Manage age-related issues.
- Manage heart and lung disease.
- Manage Women’s Health and other conditions.
“We, at Meddey, Appreciate the efforts done by Physiotherapists which helps speedy recovery and encourages activities & lifestyle changes that can help prevent further injury and improve overall health and well being. Regular therapy with the usage of right medical solutions and products helps in fitness and rehabilitation, which can be achieved only by connecting with your Physiotherapist at the right time.” – Pawan Arora, Co Founder & CEO of Meddey.com commented.
“A big salute to such good warriors who have worked year on year to deliver outstanding results for their patients for the benefit of our society. Today, we celebrate your efforts as well as other Physiotherapists world wide.” – Alok Kapur, Co Founder said in an event held at Club 26, Noida by the Indian Association of Physiotherapist.